Tun Dr. Mahathir blogs!

“This site is dedicated to publishing my writings as and when I am able to pen my thoughts and opinion,” he says.
Former Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad has started his own blog (Chedet.com), using his old pen name, Che Det, when he wrote for the Straits Times newspaper in the 60s. This is definitely an interesting development in Malaysian blogosphere. To me, it didn't really came as a surprise, as I feel it is just a matter of time before Tun starts his own blog. Many people in the past have asked Tun about setting up a blog and now finally the time has come. Next in-waiting, is his yet to be published memoir!

He started his first post by writing on the judicial reform issues by saying that there is no details mentioned on how the recently announced Judicial Appointments Commission will work. Touching on this subject, besides Tun's blog post, A. Kadir Jasin has also written a long thoughtful entry on his blog, entitled, 'Suruhanjaya Saingi Kuasa Raja dan PM'. I'm beginning to have a second thought on Zaid Ibrahim now.

Comments