Growing Up in Trengganu - Awang Goneng

'Trengganu did exist once, as Terengganu does now. I grew up in the former and live now outside the latter; so in the title of this book and in the writings herein it is Trengganu for me..' - Awang Goneng

'Growing Up in Trengganu' by Awang Goneng (pen name of writer Wan A. Hulaimi) is the latest book on my bookshelves. The book is a compilation of his writings in his blog (kecek-kecek) from 2004 - June 2007. It is written in a storytelling style about his childhood days in the kampung and the history of 'Trengganu'.

I've been meaning to buy this book for quite some time, but only after the third or fourth MPH visit that I decided to buy it. In constrast to previous three to five years ago, I am now quite picky in choosing new books to buy. I no longer just go to the non-fiction or History or the Biography section of a bookstore and pick anything that's interesting, unless if it's really something that I've been waiting for, i.e. Tun Dr. Mahathir's memoirs. Another reason is, I've been buying more books than I could finish reading them. Sigh.. No good. My bookshelves are overflowing. Thankfully I now have two beautiful Ikea bookshelves to accomodate the number of books in my small room. Nice. :)

Books aside, my wisdom tooth is growing! It hurts very much. How much longer should I wait until the swelling goes down? My curiosity about wisdom tooth led me to this article; "To Keep or Not to Keep: Wisdom Teeth". Argh damnit, I hope mine is not an impacted wisdom teeth! I'm not so keen on visiting a dentist/orthodontist though. Kena pegi la jugak nampaknye.. :s

Comments